Monday, December 3, 2007

There's something special about knowing that God used you to touch and change a persons life.

The bible study I lead is mostely made up of sophomore girls, and one freshman (Fabiana). Fab and I found eachother in a random way, her RA told her to contact a girl about getting a ride to church and that girl contacted me one week when she couldn't drive. Although i didn't know that upperclassman she had somehow heard of me, knew I served on leadership for BCM, and went to calvery chapell. I said sure to driving Fab to church that week not knowing who the freshman girl I'd be picking up in the morning would be. But after meeting Fab I invited her to join our bible study.

In reflecting on our praises for this week and for the semester all fabiana could say was that "this bible study was the best thing about my first semester. It was my favorite and warmest part of the week, and changed my entire semester. Seeing God work in your lives always encourages me to grow closer to the Lord and shows me I have a lot to learn. I'm so thankful for bible study. I just can't say it enough."

and everything else (all other concerns about exams, or boys, or random things) falls away. I am left with a full feeling in my heart that only christians can understand. That God looked down on me and trusted me to make a difference in Fabiana's life. That somehow I could lead her in an impacting way closer to God.

smiles abound.

No comments: