Friday, December 7, 2007

Mentally Sorting Things Out in my Mind

Decisions. Surprisingly, I really hate decisions.
Right now I must decided whether to move out of my apartment and into University village next semester.

The background story: right now I live in a two bedroom, small cement apt. right on campus. Its me my best friend, and then two of our other friends. It's kinda ghetto, and yet it feels like home... i put a lot of effort into decorating it this semester and I'm safe here. Next semester, 2 of our roomates are moving out, so we'd have 2 new random roomates again. We applied to move 10 extra (walking) minutues away from campus into University Village (upperclassman campus housing), and got assigned to a four bedroom two bathroom apt. They are brand new, with marble countertops, carpet, a dishwasher ect. I'd have my own bedroom, and we'd still have 2 random roomates. I met one of the girls and she seems really nice, like we'd live well together. So now I must decided by 3 oclock today whether or not to sign the lease.

pros: my own bedroom, a dishwasher, a potentially nice new roomate, a washer and dryer, the ability to kinda move off campus but not really and get used to it, my own bathroom sink

cons: moving out and moving in all over again for only a semester, reworking my financial plan, its off campus, possibly losing the "home" feeling, have to find someone to lease it to during the summer or paying for it while I'm not living there, having to figure out moving out when my lease goes up in July

everyone else's opinion: if the machine isn't broken then why fix it? (aka if you are happy where you are right now, why move?)

tricia thinks: lets do it

heidi thinks: every little logical piece of me in my body says "don't do it." and yet my inner gut says "do it. take a chance"

in the end, i know I'll be happy either way. But how do you fight logic with that inmost gut feeling?

-hmm must decided by 3pm today

No comments: