Saturday, December 15, 2007

Notes From the Day

christmas tradition 3: baking christmas cookies. as flurries cascaded down from the sky all afternoon, my auntie, mom, and I could be found in the kitchen baking about7 batches of cookies. peanut butter blossums. cherrie winks. lemon drops. sugar cut outs. of course, the men could also be found in the kitchen every once in while stealing the warm cookies straight out of the oven. you know christmas is only a couple days away when smells of sugar ring the air, and mom brings out the candy cane antlers official designated as "christmas baking neccesities."

thankful moment: when my uncle jeff came in from outside with his big/warm coat and hat covered in snow and said "i shoveled off your car for you hid's..." so I never had a dad who cleared my car off for me when it snowed, but I have many uncles!

my thoughts: over christmas break I've simply been working very hard (well as hard as being a nanny for an adorable little girl is) and then arriving home to a cozy evening. all my friends are not home sweet IL yet, and so I've been spending a lot of time alone. but I'm realizing that I can do this single living thing. I enjoy cooking..dancing...and watching a movie without anyone else around or to talk to. not permanatly, but for now I'm happy!

No comments: