Sunday, December 9, 2007

it was a good day. I decorated the christmas tree with my mom, drank warm apple cider, put up white christmas lights, went to my cousins Rock concert, and finished the night off by eating soup and watching Tuesday's with Morrie with my mom.

Today's Lesson: every one needs a teacher

We all need someone who is older then us to be a mentor in our lives. Someone to remind us of the frailty of life. To teach us about the important things that matter, and to invest time into our stories. A person who doesn't just give advice, but also listens. A mentor who uses their years gain on us to help guide our steps, and shed light. It's the only way to truely grow and learn. A mentor challenges you with ideas you haven't yet considered, and forces you to face challenges from a different perspective. They bring your level of thinking to a whole other level.

I've had a lot of these mentors in my life. Mom. Jo. Mr. Jensen. Krista. Oma. right now, thats what my heart tells me I'm missing the most. I miss having an older person to pour into me and guide me with wisdom and new ideas on life.

Every season has it's timing.

and I know eventually life is going to cause me to bump into another great teacher. I first had to establish my life in college, away from home, and with my peers. but it's coming. and until that meeting I wait with anticipation and thankfullness.

No comments: