Monday, November 19, 2007

Thankful List

My Thankful UMiami List:

1. My Safe House. That I'm comfortable enough to watch a movie with tricia and fall asleep on the couch (2 nights in a row). Knowing when I come home I can completely be myself, and enter a safe haven. Being able to sing and dance all over the place, and play piano too! Letting my guard down. The warmness of the apt (curtians, pictures, decorations and all)

2. Tricia (laughter, friendship, and random moments) : the zoo, Heidi turns "punk" dress up nights, sunday family home cooked dinners, celebrations of internships, its not enough having a sleep over sleeping in the same room "i want to sleep in your bed tricia!" RENT, lizard hunting, wine corks and the 2nd floor boys, trish stomping home soaked from the rain, pumpkin carving and gunky fingers, protecting our blankets from unwanted users....ect :)

3. Nursing school (SAC-the board that I now sit on for the nursing school with the dean, that mom approves of the education i'm recieving, that i'm still excited to be a nurse and know its my calling)

4. Heidi's 20th Birthday weekend (pumpkin carving, and GREAT memories with friends both at school and far away) you all made me feel SO LOVED, i'm grateful!

5. Fall Weather (that it finally gets cold enough to wear a sweater, and dance in the 60 degree breeze) + the everlastin Florida sunshine + the week in sepetember when it rained for 8 days straight

6. My classes, professors (Dr. Foote and Dr. Deleon, for giving me an amazing education), the good grades I'm recieving, and that my advisor finally knows me by name

7. My bible study girls (it's an honor and a blessing to be able to lead them, pour into them, and watch them grow)

8. Church (that i'm constantly growing and being challenged in my home church, and the few people that I see every week that are starting to know who I am, their small hellos mean a lot), and how refreshing worship is

9. Traditions: thursday night gray's anatomy, tues/thur afternoon lunches at the food court, monday night study, tues BCM

10. 2 little boys named Christian and Nicky that I nanny for: painting pumpkins, little kid soccer, dressing up and acting as the queen of narnia, being told that I am "a pretty princess" everyday and that when I grow up I should become a queen, making squishy things out of play doh, playing the "hot/cold" game, throwing sticks and rocks into the lake, and making random wishes

11. Best friend visits and crazy "let's cut 12 inches of hair off" saturdays

12. My new venting mechanism, running. And that I was able to make my 3.5 mile run around campus before the end of the semester!

13. Alone time by the lake. and seeing the crocodile "jeffery" about 7 times this semester!

No comments: