Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A little Birdy

Leaving piano this morning, a chill ran up my back. The ever cold AC buildings at Miami often leave my body temperature a little lower then normal. So, as I headed out to the library to get some work done before German, I spotted a picnic table and some benches down by the lake, sitting right in the middle of the sun. It looked so warm. With the extra time that I had I ventured down, plopped on a bench, and stretched myself out to soak up the sun.

I felt like one of the Ibis birds on campus. Reaching its neck up as high as it can go almost trying to touch the sun and allow the warmth to encapsulate it. Letting my soul rest and rejuvenated for a few minutes.

It made me think of how at different times during the day we need to give ourselves that space. That space to let our minds wander and focus on God. That space to take a breathe from the rush, and silence ourselves.

No comments: