Monday, April 7, 2008

Brainstorm Debate

Attempting to narrow down the topic choice for my research paper in my Teaching and Learning: Foundations of Education course.

Thesis: pick any controversial issue in education

Brainstormed List of Topics of Interest

1. No Child Left Behind *
2. Rising college Costs- costs of education
3. Educating “gifted” students *
4. Business role in education, corporation donations
5. Charter schools- school vouchers *
6. Bilingual education
7. Testing in schools- standardized tests *
8. Home school debate *
9. AP and IB programs
10. Grade inflation *
11. Increase in autism
12. Year round schools

* indicates the issues I'm leaning towards
Any thoughts?

1 comment:

threads of melodies said...

Ok, so I'm highly biased, but I would do NCLB - there's plenty of information out there on it and it's something that is really affecting our education system right now.

But I'm an ed major and get angry at things like that, haha :) Maybe other people don't hate it as much as I do.

Have fun with whatever you choose...those all sound like very pertinent issues.