Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tonight I choose to be... thankful.

One of the lessons that I've learned this year is that we get to choose how we react to things and events. Yes, we may not have the power to control the event, but we have the power to control our own outcomes and (to some extent) our emotions. And so tonight I choose to be thankful.
  • Thankful for having Tricia. Who'll always set aside the time to listen/encourage/ and love on me in the midst of anything in our days. Who knows my whole story. Who still tells me day after day I'm one of the most amazing friends she's ever had.
  • Thankful for getting to go kayaking today. To laugh at how the boats almost flipped over, how our boat was constantly trying to head out into the ocean no matter how hard Scott and I tried to stay on course, that no one knew all of the words to the little mermaid songs, and that our round versions of row row row your boat never manged to end in the sam key they started in. Thankful for the huge smiles that were put on our faces when we all tried to rope two of the kayaks together and have the four of us row one very large raft. Needless to say, David nearly got knocked in the head a few times by my oar.
  • Thankful for my sister. Who I can ask questions and bounce ideas off of.

The list could go on, but I think the gist is gotten. Tonight I choose to be thankful.

No comments: