Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A little More Trust

Phillipians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Proverbs 12:25 "An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up."

Right now I find myself at a place in life filled with anxious thoughts and general stress.
  • Will I find time and be prepared for the upcoming human anatomy exams
  • Am I balancing time between family and study load?
  • Will I get into the right classes for next semester?
  • Should I study abroad or take a semster off?
  • Will I be happy with my roomates next year?
  • Is my job and work at the American Cancer Society going to balance?

Yet, as I stopped to think about all these stressful questions a few things occured to me. 1. never once before in my life have I ever not found time to study for an exam (well besides maybe one time in BIO 150) 2. as long as I put forth a little effort all of these questions will be answered by forces outside my control. The stress that I had in High School has all been answered and accounted for. I did well on Chem tests. I finished all my work. I got into a good college. I chose a college that I am overally happy with. And so in light of that, this overwhelming feeling of anxiousness that I am currently aware of is pretty worthless. It doesn't do me any good, and in the end it won't get me any farther. Yet why do we cling to it so much? Why is it so hard to choose not to be anxious? It comes so naturally.

Nevertheless, today I will choose to place a little more trust in myself. To speak kinder words to myself. To know it will all be answered with or without anxiousness.

No comments: