Saturday, April 7, 2007

Life's Winds

Home for Easter weekend. Back in my small town, loving all the little things that complete me here. There are many things at home that remind me who I am and what I love.
  • I love being a midwest girl (grass, woody pine trees, and wet muddy puddles)
  • Chasing around kids in the backyard, playing tag, wearing a warm jacket and hat. Getting out of breathe because the two little boys have more energy then I do. All this while feeling the brisk wind hit my face and turn my cheeks red.
  • Sitting on the couch with family. Talking. About jobs, medicine, my cousins. A conversation with them turning into uncontrollable laughter. My family is important.
  • Staying up until 11:30 with my best friend. Catching up on my bed for over three hours

But there are also new things that remind me of who I am and what I love at school

  • Going out with friends and exploring the city. Art Shows. Restaurants. Beaches. Adventures.
  • Being able to come home to my very own apartment, and not having anyone to be accountable to or anyone to take care of. To come home, cook food, light candles, workout, and enjoy my space.
  • Passing the ducks and Pelican while walking to class. I'm a nature girl.
  • Volunteering with underprivilaged children.
  • Studying medicine and nursing

The breezy comforts of home. The winds of independence. Now towards the end of the year the two are learning to mix a little more. So put up the sails, catch the gust, and keep going!

1 comment:

EMiller7 said...

Good post babe!
Sails up