Saturday, February 17, 2007

Outside the Window

So I have taken up a new habit of going to the wellness center at least once every other day. My nutrition class is rubbing off on me, what can i say : ) My favorite place to work out is on the third level, which can only be accessed by going up tons of steps (get the workout started early). Not to many people venture up there. But I find that for twenty minutes a day it's nice to stand at a vantage point that is above the world and look down below at other peoples lives for a change. I don't listen to music.... I just quietly look down at the first floor, and often my eyes gaze out of the tip top window and onto the street below. I see many things from that high window of the wellness center. I even like to make up stories about the peoples lives. Today I saw a boy skateboarding while holding onto the side of a moving car, go figure, but for some reason it made me smile. I thought of my cousin back home, little nathan who LOVES to skateboard, and laughed at myself because I know that when he becomes that age he will probably be doing the same thing. There was also a car pulling out of the parking lot very fast, and I simply assumed that he just found out his pregnant wife was having the baby and he had to get to the hospital immediatly. A boy in a green sweatshirt walking out (he decided to go the gym for a quick little bit before he propossed to his girlfriend later that evening)

I know it sounds funny, but I just love looking out of that little rectangle window. For twenty quiet mintues I view the humanness of life. The joy, the pain, the laughter. You never know, what's just outside the window.

No comments: