Thursday, August 9, 2007

Give and Take Away


God has taught me that during times in life there is always the concept of give and take away. He provides us with blessings but sometimes he asks us to give up those blessings for a short while in order to have a greater blessing in the end. It works the opposite way too, God allows hardships to happen but then thankfully he comes down and rescues us and takes them away. And for now I'm trying to learn how to hold onto some things with a loose grasp and trust Him. For whether God is giving or taking away, His plan is best, and so I choose to remain and follow Him.
I've also learned this summer that life isn't neccesarily about what blessings or hardships I have or am going through at the time. But more about finding joy in each day. The phrase "joy in the journey" stands out to me. No more anxiety about tomorow, or regret about yesterday. Each day is filled with simple pleasures that we must take advantage of now. I don't think that most people lead there lives with a full understanding of this topic. They are quick to begin thinking about anything other than where they are right now. So when I become overwhelmed and am taking out of the moment in which I am living, I simply slow down, take a deep breathe and say to myself, "here I am sitting right now in the kitchen. The rest of the house is asleep, but I get to enjoy the quietness of the morning. The cool morning air in the house brisks my cheeks and wakes me up. The sun is beaming outside and the sky is blue. I am happy and grateful to have woken up with the dawn today. I am happy to be within the warmth of my house. I am glad to be right here right now."

And now let us close in the words of Mother Teresa.

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."

No comments: