Thursday, July 12, 2007

Life is good! And that's great!

I've come to beleive that there are some seasons of our lives that are full of change. These past two years have been one of those seasons for me. Change in family, change in addresses, change in friends, change in ambitions, change in motivations, change in direction, change in climate, and even change in car : ) . Yet, some things have remained steady... mainly God and my life values.
What's so funny though is that as we go through heavy seasons of change we don't know what to do with ourselves when the heavy gusts slow down. This summer has been great, relaxing, joyful, slightly humerous, and full of grand adventures. But at times I find myself feeling slightly "uncomfortable" because nothing heavy duty is taking place. There is no one momentous change occuring right now in my life to focus my energy on working out. I'm so used to CHANGE that I have particially forgotten how to JUST JOYFULLY BE and relax. It's quite the oxymoron, when life is full of challenges and changes we just want it to be normal and easy. And when life finally gets easy and relaxing we wonder if we are doing things right because aren't they supposed to be harder then this.


But I say no! I will enjoy this new season when everything falls into place! I will soak up every stage of life. Hello sun! Life is good! And that's great!

No comments: