Friday, October 12, 2007

there is a three mile campus loop that runs around the entire university. in my former days of a varsity rower : ) we used to have to run that once a week. running isn't my thing. my body feels uncomfortable and my my lungs heave as i get myself in motion. my mind doesn't know where to focus and i am out of place. but somehow half way into the run i begin to find my form, my inner ryhthm, and i break loose. i shred every once of bad feeling on the pavement and awaken myself again.

my goal for this year is to be able to run that three miles again. i've started off slow, and as each week goes by i try to push farther and longer. today, i managed to break the boundry. although i didn't run to the whole thing, i was able to push it 2 miles and instead of turning home, walk for about 4 minutes, run, walk, run the rest of the loop. it isn't my goal, but its getting there.

she did 2. one more to go!

No comments: