Monday, January 8, 2007

My Little Indulgences

As winter break 06' comes to an end I've been trying to mentally prepare myself for next semester... as well as fully relax myself in a warm sea full of my favorite pleasures. It's very important to make sure we are doing things just for ourselves sometimes. Doing things that we truely enjoy and that make us happy. My new goal for this upcoming semester: to take time out for myself and my favorite things everyday.

My little indulgences:

  • Reading a good novel
  • Taking bubble baths
  • Getting hot chocolate from starbucks and drinking it with a chocolate chip cookie
  • Finger painting
  • Buying warm socks
  • Finding inspiring quotes
  • Wearing slippers
  • Sitting in the sun and drinking iced tea through a straw
  • Lighting candles
  • Talking on the phone with my mom
  • Painting my nails
  • Playing with little kids
  • Sleeping in
  • Going for walks around the lake.. haha pond... with my Ipod
  • Doing the BodyFlow workout
  • Having a sit under my favorite blanket on the couch and watching movies all day long.. day
  • Dancing in my bedroom to LOUD music
  • Journaling
  • Stretching in the morning
  • Spraying frebreeze in the house
  • Eating hershy kisses on my way to class

I can't split up my time in events that I think would make me happy or that would make others happy. College is about self discovery and making decisions just for me. Now, don't think I'm selfish because what really satisfies my heart is loving others; but I can't love others until I love myself.

No comments: